Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'm sitting here zoning out in front of the computer with the tv on. I borrowed Superman 3 and Get Smart from the library. I am also still making my way through Mister X, and finished Leave It To Chance and Ultimate Iron Man.

It is unbearably hot outside and the air quality is terrible. There is some cheesy sci-fi movie on called Abominable, which apparently stars one of the guys from one of the Police Academy movies. I am considering scanning repair documents for my car, that got wet and molded recently, that I've kept myself from throwing away. Its a lackadaisical, unnerving Sunday.

Sorry everybody.

Here's something:
I've been toying around with digital painting and started this image of Happy Slip. In the original she had more of a doe-eyed skeptical look, but here she seems to be tired and suspicious. This is definitely going to take some work, but of the three paintings I tried out, this one is coming out the best. Sorry if this offends any of you happyslip fans out there. My apologies Christine.

So what can I tell you about Sunday, June 28, 2009. Well we've got 186 days till the end of the year. Also did you know that this is the only day of the year that has two perfect numbers in it? Today Billy Mays, world famous pitchman passed away in his sleep. He was the same age as Michael Jackson who passed away Thursday, the same day as Farrah Fawcett. I send out my heartfelt sentiments for the families, friends, and fans of these three exceptional human beings.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/06/recent_scenes_from_the_iss.htmlhttp://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/06/recent_scenes_from_the_iss.html

These images from the NASA's international space station make me appreciate abstract art. They are incredibly beautiful while remaining mysterious.

Well, that's all I have for now folks. I know I promised a piece on Nick Fury and The Black Terror this week, but its still in the works, as well as an excerpt from my forthcoming novella/roman-a-clef. More art on the way too! Have a decidely happy Sunday true believers!

No comments: