Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can't go wrong if it's so right being wrong

Okay I know this isn't the first time, but please let me apologize profusely for the lateness of today's noodle. Actually, I hope you all (who are you all? I wonder . . .) are enjoying your Sunday out and about in good weather. Over here the heat is simmering down into something a little more tolerable. I've just spent the last hour putting together a new workstation to deliver you folks entertaining content. What type of content will it be? Who knows? For me the sky is the limit! That's at least how it should be, don't you think?

I have some doodles and such to share, but we'll get into that later. Once again, I have to regrettably put off my intense and in depth look at Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandoes as well as the ultra-vintage, ultra cool Black Terror. But don't let that curb your enthusiasm, because today is Sunday and this is your noodle from yours truly!



So basically I'm like John Connor now, right?

I really like this moleskine sketchbook, and the tons of others that regularly show up on behance: http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Summer-drawings/270023

This one is for people who were going through a quarter life crisis 5-10 years ago: http://www.11points.com/Personal/11_Famous_People_Who_Were_in_the_Completely_Wrong_Career_at_Age_30

Beaver and Steve is my new favorite comic that I'd never heard about that's been running for years and is now on hiatus. Here's a link to the archive

Oh btw, did I ever mention Roza? It's one of the best crafted web comics out there. Go catch up with the story.

This is one of the best shows ever. If you missed it, hulu has now saved your ass exactly 20,000 times. While you're there watch this.


Okay here's the sketches. The first is actually a light-boxed clean up from a much more frustrated sketch. The second is my half-assed color test. Might I mention I don't have the art school education of the people I aspire to emulate. I'm looking at you Tyson Hesse.

Anyhoo, that's the noodle for today, as I'm sure you're all tired (who are you people?) from waiting for this post all day. Rest easy my beloved.

No comments: