Sunday, November 1, 2009

Comin' up off the weekend funk

Did you know that 2009 is designated the international year of astronomy and international year of natural fibers? WTF?

Today, November 1, 2009, we celebrate All Saints Day, Day of the Dead in Mexico, World Vegan Day, Day of the leaders in Bulgaria, and the last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae, oh those crazy Ludi Romani!

My plans for this weekend went awry. Saturday being Halloween I figured I'd get a jump-start on SAN, finishing up two previously previewed illos I had cooking, and then join the Halloween festivities. But rising early after a night-shift and some aimless web surfing proved too powerful over my waning will power and I gravitated back toward bed before noon, only to wake up in the eerie silence of 6pm on Halloween night. I ended up watching Apocalypto (a long overdue viewing) while trying to get my desk organized. I also read a chapter of The Comedians listened to the first disc of Girl in Hyacinth Blue and the first chapter of Pompeii by Robert Harris. What a night of gravitas! For some reason the theme from Heroes hung in the back of my consciousness. Curious.



justkiddingfilms.com

wud ta fut day dew dat one?



pomplamoose.com Gatekeeper by Feist

These Lord of the Flies illos by Sam Weber are, well, fly.

I so rarely remember to check back in with the A.V. Club, but it's gems like this Eddie Campbell interview that bring me back.

Man it's late, and I've just run out of interesting things to share. Doesn't that bum you out when that happens? Like mid-conversation you just trail off and everybody goes into awkward self-reflexive silence. huh. Laterz mah peeplz.

No comments: