Sunday, January 31, 2010

I See You


I wanted to let you in on a little extra samurai trivia:

On this day the first shogun of Japan was born (1543 – Tokugawa Ieyasu). Also here is a picture of Toshiro Mifune in Sanjuro. Lastly here is a fun samurai flash game I play from time to time with my new air mouse. It's kind of like a 99 cent version of a wii.

Straw Hat Samurai gameStraw Hat Samurai game

Last week I wanted to tell the story of two Koike's. Kazuo Koike is the guy who created Lone Wolf and Cub and Lady Snowblood. Read about him, he's great!! Now the Koike I was originally searching for did these:



kusomaka
January 14, 2008
獣兵衛忍風帖、CCさくら、Aeon Flux、風まかせ 月影蘭はじめの一歩、PARTY7、VAMPIRE HUNTER D TRAVA、アニマトリックス、DEAD LEAVES サムライチャンプルー、スマアニメ、茶の味 獣兵衛忍風帖、CCさくら、Aeon Flux、風まかせ 月影蘭 はじめの一歩、PARTY7、VAMPIRE HUNTER D
TRAVA、アニマトリックス、DEAD LEAVES サムライチャンプルー、スマアニメ、茶の味


I subsequently learned that Koike Takeshi is practicing something called Kanada-Pers or Kanada style of animation/drawing, named after Yoshinori Kanada. You can read more here: http://www.starblazers.com/html.php?page_id=399
. I also found this guy to be quite cool: Katsuhito Akiyama.

But the real news this week for me was finally getting on the Avatar 3d train. And to be honest, it was pretty entertaining, but I feel like I've been on this ride before. No I'm not talking about Fern Gully, Mononoke Hime, or the Smurfs. In general, I mean. I've seen 3d movies. I've seen big industrialists/military vs. earthy people movies. I've also seen game changingcg animation and effects. So, though it had its shining moments it was kind of unsurprising to me. All I really walked away with was a pair of glasses that only work on silver screen projections. I still recommend experiencing it once, I just wish they could get that ticket price down. Y'know now that its the highest grossing movie of all time and all.

In tech geek news:

I'm thinking of buying this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889532005 What do you think? I basically want something to double as a monitor for my Zi6, as well as a cheap portable entertainment device. I just hope the mini usb can read from an adapter, and that the file format restrictions aren't too narrow. I'd love to be able to drop a couple of movies on an sdhc card and watch them on the go. I also hear the battery life is pretty slim. A while ago I had stumbled across a touch screen dvd/divX/mp3 player but I don't recall what the model and make was. Next week I think I'm going to run some roughs of my fantasy PMP/MID. This weekend went pretty fast for me, so I'm thinking this next week will too. Hoping you are getting the most out of your time as well. Namaste my friends.

No comments: