Sunday, January 1, 2012

Visions of the Future

Bryan O' Malley tweeted about Jen Wang's Shamisen so I read it, and remembered why I think they're both great comics people. Brandon Graham tweeted about this excellent set of posters by Stref. A few people tweeted about Vera Brosgol's What Were You Raised By Wolves? going online. So basically if you aren't following cartoonists on twitter, you're missing out on a lot.

Happy New Year everybody. This is the international year of cooperatives, the Alan Turing Year, and soon to be the year of the Dragon.

Oooh Girl is a funny new tumblr. Over at The Snipe News they've got several creator's takes on the best comics of 2011. Here, take this list of 100 cult films. Do something with it.


Uploaded by on Sep 21, 2009

Here I am at the beginning of the new year waiting for a new life to begin. I've gotten little glimpses of something, had a few nightmares about things I've all but left behind me, and felt the tinglings of new relationships beginning, but the big bang eludes me. I am at this point desperate for some substantial, positive change in my life. I have been too long weighed down by circumstance, poverty, and isolation. I took a walk today, and it was sadly the most unfettered I've felt in months. I can't continue living like a prisoner in a place that doesn't acknowledge my existence. I need to breathe.

No comments: