Sunday, December 30, 2012

Driving through the Holidaze

It's December 30, 2012 the last Sunday of the year.  This was the week of Christmas, the death of Gerry Anderson, creator of Thunderbirds, and the Anti-Rape protests in New Delhi.  After a 5 year hiatus, A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage is Irreversible returned with a new comic.  Also I learned about FTL.

 
Published on Dec 26, 2012 rpoland

We had a short day at work on Christmas Eve, and I rushed home forgetting my rain gear at work.  I finally got my brain in working order and opened up the BSG wiki to reorient myself w/ where I was in Season 2, and it turns out I pretty much saw every episode.  Then I read that new A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage is Irreversible.  I think I fell asleep soon after.  Christmas day I was in a funk from not having groceries so instead I followed up on some webcomics based on this Christmas post, and discovered Widdershins, Bad Reputation, and Never Satisfied.  I browsed Kate Ashwin's former webcomic Darken, then researched Keenspot/Comic Genesis.  I also managed to finish the original run of Skullman & Dr. McNinja: Space Savers, and read the first issue of Saga.

Work was a crapfest on Wednesday so I came home and read the rest of Sweet Tooth v1 and burned through v2 in one sitting, then finished Anya's Ghost, before attempting to finish The First Man.  I've been working on that book forever.  This awesome slowdown of the Chipmunk Classic came my way.

Thursday was another bad day at work, which often gives me inspiration or motivation for art related things.  I came home pissed that my handlebar grip was inexplicably missing, but wanting to commit to some fan art.  I discovered From Eroica With Love and Sarah Grailey's Adventure's in Angst.  And then I made two of the best decisions all week.  I watched Drive and I sat in at Alex Butera's stream.  I chatted up with a few cool people and got a link to a partial scanlation of Cyber Six, and learned about Nichijou & Anime Sakugas!

Rachel blogged these great Animage covers.
Sean T. Collins tweeted about these rad Adam Ant comics on retronaut.
Paste Magazine did us a favor and had 12 comics creators go through their top 10 of 2012.
iFanboy similarly put together a top 10 list of covers for 2012.
Adrift by Chris Miskiewicz & Kate McElroy | Bad Apple Castle by Chris Eliopoulos
Vincent Girard | Giovanni Rigano | Lilli Carré

Uploaded on Apr 17, 2011 Zack B

No comments: