Sunday, February 1, 2009

I promise I'll stop being lazy

February 1st. The solar and lunar new years have begun. The 44th President and first Black President of the United States has been inaugurated into office. And today the 43rd Superbowl airs on radios, television sets, and computer screens across the world. All this while I dig for something juicy, or semi-juicy, or quasi-juicy to post here for your (well really my) amusement. How about this:



My own absurdist reworking of Kazu Kibuishi's Amulet using the flash page creator at http://scholastic.com/amulet/ While you're thinking about that go see http://www.boltcity.com/amulet/ and find out who will star in the film adaption of the book, and when it will come out. You might as well take a look around Boltcity while you're there and check out the great stuff Kazu's done (Copper, Flight, Flight Explorer, Daisy Kutter). He's one of my favorite artist's right now and he draws from a lot of the same influences and interests that I do.



Here's a color rendition of a sketch by Alan Tew that I like to call Mr. Blue Penis. I've been a fan of Alan's crazy imagination and eye-popping figure drawing since 2001 about the same time I stumbled onto Bryan O'Malley's work. Both of these guys have influenced me for the last 7ish years.



And here are three ways I like to make ramen from the forthcoming Ramenu Blog. Y'know ramen is a recession proof food. Throw in some veggies, meat, poultry, seafood, or tofu and you've got a pretty hearty meal for a few cents. Some people think it defeats the purpose to add stuff, but those people are even lazier than me. Chop up a tomato and throw an egg in it and stop being lazy. Heh heh.

No comments: