Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fire and Feast

On this day in the year 79 A.D. in the event of the feast day of Vulcan, Roman God of fire and smithery, Mt. Vesuvius erupted. That must have surely scared the crap out of everybody. In an unrelated event, approximately 1900 years and 1 month later my parents conceived me. Awesome, no?

Historically this day also marks the execution of Wiliam Wallace in 1305, George III declaring the American colonists seditionists in 1775, the first cry of the Filipino Revolution in 1896, the beginning of the Battle of Stalingrad during WWII in 1942, and also a ton of other non-polemic events. No seriously. Like space stuff and treaties and people being born.

Welcome to the noodle.


PomplamooseMusic - Expiration Date

I <3 Pomplamoose. Like a lot.




A Vado HD short film by Almostzero



A live action and animated film about Winsor McCay drawing Little Nemo for moving pictures. Worth the wait to see some amazing animation even by today's standards.

For those of you with less patience: a cut to the chase.

I recently discovered the work of KMR

at CGUnit
which has a giant list of equally enchanting artists in the side margin.

So look what came in the mail . . .

Zi6 arrives

Also I made lumpia.

lumpia!

I have the ten disk twin peaks gold box edition out from the library as well as Will Eisner's seminal Comics & Sequential Art, and a couple of life drawing books. Man I really want to get the lead out. Get it, get the lead out? Huh huh. I'm lovin' having the time to explore the stuff that really grabs me, but alas money's becoming a problem. So pretty soon here I might start putting stuff up for sale. The best way to go about it, I'm not quite sure of. I could use one of the traditional online stores (redbubble, cafepress, etsy, zazzle), or maybe even try the ebay thing. I really don't know at this point, but I'd love suggestions. One idea I had for another blog was to draw someone's portrait for a donation. I've only done one thus far, and it was for a penny donation my buddy Ace made. Does any of this sound like a good idea to you all? Drat! Talking to myself again.

Have a happy Sunday everybody :)

No comments: