Sunday, December 20, 2009

So Anxious



Go Ahead and hit play and enjoy the Sunday groove. This one's called so anxious.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I've always felt like winter nights are the perfect time to turn up the charm, throw on some smooth slow jams, and put the heat on. Let me know if you get my meaning.

But there are other things to be anxious about: holiday pay, days off, flying/driving home to see family, the finish line of this year's hectic race, etc. I've been thinking about things I've been anxious about all my life; career things, relationship things, life things, even just mysterious things I wanted to get to the bottom of. Its quirky how subtly important anticipation and suspense are to the human experience. This year I've been very tuned in to completing a year of SAN and remaining cigarette free, and now with the days of this year drawing down the anticipation has begun to swell in me.

I"m very proud of myself for this year, and I hope you are too.

I know this is 2 years old, but, hey, it's important.



So my current distraction list is: the audio books Dress Your Family In Corduroy and Denim, Animal Farm, Dave Barry's History of the Millenium, the comics Vol. 1-5 of Scott Pilgrim, The Complete Persepolis, the dvd 3:10 to Yuma, the digital comics X-Men, Ultimate X-Men, X-factor, Hero Alliance, Jojo's Bizarre Adventures, Fist of the Northstar, oh and a I got a new toy:



and immediately started trying it out.


The verdict? It probably loses a little function with Gimp 2.0 unless there's a script or patch I can run to fix tilt and pressure sensitivity snafu's. The bigger issue for me is not hitting one of the pen buttons while trying to press down hard enough to render a thick or hard line. I have yet to try out the software, but for $80 I think this is easily the steal of the year. The touch functions are useful, though not immediately with Gimp once again. There is a tendency to over-zoom for instance because of a slight delay between input and execution. For about a third of the cost of a small Intuos 4, I'm pretty pleased with myself.


So I wish you a happy weekend, year end, and good tidings and great luck in the coming new year. Love you san noodly appendages.

No comments: