Sunday, April 25, 2010

Wobbly Arms


rundrummer February 03, 2006Gene Krupa takes over the drums for a band and goes on a ride

http://www.stumptowncomics.com/ The stumptown comics festival was this weekend. I didn't go, and as usual I am left with emotions of longing and loss. I need to get out of my rut and be someplace some of the time.

In the meantime these wonderful projects are ongoing:
http://drawn.ca/2010/04/21/the-page-100-project/
the uniform project

Also there are these wonderful things keeping me connected to the artist paradise I seek:

http://www.inprnt.com/artists/

How to be a Retronaut

Lines and Colors is one of my favorite blogs of all time! Where else would I learn about:

wei te - the cowherd's magical flute
tropical toxic - tomer and asaf hanuka
alexa meade

(intermission)

Giant Ant Colony is a World Wonder - Watch more Funny Videos


Dog Goes Nuts During Soldier Homecoming - Watch more Funny Videos
(end intermission)

I discovered Archer this weekend and summarily decided it is excellent by virtue of its hilarious cast.

I also caught up with the latest chapter of meredith gran - octopus pie and realized how wonderful this little web comic actually is.

I am now seriously (yeah right) considering developing a
kickstarter
project. What I really need is a kick in the pants, however.

A Princess of Mars has been on my playlist for the last 2 weeks. I am only 2/3 of the way through since I blank out every other chapter and need to skip backward. I'm not sure where I got these Marc Nelson narrated files, but they are par excellence. Is this the same Marc Nelson of Arthur fame? Oh wait, I see that its Marc Brown who did that.

I found myself recently reading about euhemerus after finding out about his take on the Greek myths (especially the sirens). I knew there had to be a word for modern demythologizing; well one that sounds literary anyway.

I found Smilla's Sense of Snow by chance and now I am captivated. I'm going to finish watching it tonight.


chimpsnatch — April 15, 2010

p.s. Happy DNA Day

1 comment:

Jonas said...

"Cowboy boot." ~ Dr. Steve Brule