Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am traveling through time

Hi, I am traveling through time. Or at least through the archives of time. It has been probably a solid month since I started working my way through all of Nedroid's livejournal archives, and I've stumbled upon some wonderful, heartwarming, outrageously funny moments in his correspondence with fans and friends. Simultaneously I've been going through my own google search archives and pinpointed what I was doing during that span of time. This is kind of like a memory jog, but also like one of those split stream movies where we follow two or more characters. You know, something like Sliding Doors, Time Code, or Trading Places.

Anyway, I don't have much to link dump this weekend since I've been soaking up what's left of the summer. Had some barbecue, swam, and played guitar with a lot of good company. As another season drifts into the greyness of memory I just wanted to take stock of what's been going on, what I am anticipating, and what I hope will come. Do you ever do this?

http://www.hanaroda.net/comics/ - Hyeondo Park did an amazing comic about losing his dog, which I stumbled and favorited over 2 years ago.

http://radiomaru.com/page/26/ - Bryan O' Malley at one point was heavily focused on finishing his 5th volume of Scott Pilgrim as shooting began on Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Vol. 6 and the movie have at this moment been out for 2 weeks.

I am at this moment reading volume 6 of Scott Pilgrim, anxiously awaiting Octopus Pie vol. 1, and Remake by Lamar Abrams. I learned about Remake and Adhouse books through Radiomaru's blog archive. Other things I gleaned from his blog were: Donjon by Joann Sfar and Lewis Trondheim, these cool bands and songs, these cool books, and that he is good friends with Brandon Graham, whose King City vol. 1 I enjoyed immensely.

Hey you guys! I'm also getting better at playing the guitar! I should make a video or somethin'. Well, I've got a bunch of other stuff to do so that will have to wait. Cross your fingers and wish that I'm able to get Windows 7 installed in my rig soon.

Smell you later,

Del

No comments: