Friday, December 24, 2010

Putting the win back in Winter, putting the ice back in Solstice

MaddieBright | January 13, 2010

This Christmas I am reading Blackest Night. LOL. Go figure. I should spend this post talking about the winter solstice and the various celebrations around the world and how they took shape. But I won't. You can waste your own Sunday doing that. I want to draw things or make this comic idea I had called weirdo. Reggie Watts' Why Shit So Crazy is my main inspiration. I like the idea of being free to be as specific AND non-sequitur as you want.

Retro City Rampage Soundtrack Demo Mixtape from Vblank on Vimeo.


I got two early Christmas presents! One was a $320 car repair bill for a bad distributor. The other was an honest to God good deed done by an ebayer (for a mistaken item description). Things mostly even out, I guess. It would be awesomer if my bag of stuff that was stolen would magically come back to me.

And now a heart-pulling Christmas memoir courtesy Kate Beaton.

No comments: