Sunday, October 16, 2011

I got the Powaaaaah!

Hi there,

My name is Del, King of Siam, and blogger of the Sunday Afternoon Noodle. Fabulous secret powers were bestowed upon me the day I began taking Paint Tool Sai seriously and exclaimed, "I got the powaaaaah!"

This past week I began painting a lot in PT Sai. I've only fiddled with it a bit until now, despite getting dozens of glowing reviews by online artists I follow. I feel like things are starting to click for me artistically, and that I might just end up on a steady stream of productivity.

I'll be reading Orc Stain by James Stokoe pretty soon. Somebody linked me to Adam Atomic's Bomber Planet, a few months ago, but it wasn't until recently I became aware of his other work.

Following up on some of the conversations going on about DCU's recent "empowerment" of female characters, I stumbled upon this excellent article by Comics Alliance. I have got to meet Laura Hudson. She is my hero.

I wish I could read Italian. I might enjoy this comic by Roman Muradov even more. I love Ryan Mauskopf's art.

These are process pics of another painting I started. I have trouble setting up compositions with just lines, so I decided to block in values first, then fine tune shapes with lines. I laid flats before I took a break.

I'm learning a lot of things while experimenting with Sai, hopefully those will translate well going back to traditional mediums. I hope to break out my acrylic paint soon, as well as my ink nibs.

I think part of my motivation has been watching the last 2 or 3 of Lexxy Douglass' streams. I like everything about her style.

Uploaded by on Oct 11, 2011

No comments: