Monday, December 5, 2011

I'm an artist guy!

OH man go and follow Botjira, because everything she does is awesome! I found her art while parsing through the tumblr illustration feed, and had to google image search her work to find out who she was. I really wish people were more conscientious about crediting people's work on the internet. We are all initially anonymous, but it is through our talents and opinions we craft a presence and identity, and reposting uncredited work flies in the face of that.


Uploaded by on Jun 25, 2010

Dustin Harbin tweeted about the work of Chuck Groenink, and it is good. While you're at Society6 check out Budi Satria Kwan.And for some reason I hadn't yet discovered Faith Erin Hicks' Superhero Girl.

A good list of graphic novels with strong design sense. *bonus condescension toward Manga. Roger Ebert got excited about Tintin and posted this. This article by NPR about the changing look of Superman inspired me to take interest in Curt Swan, Kurt Schaffenberger, and Gary Frank. Ice Cream Log by Hope Larson is the only tumblr you need. This animated gif comic was clever.

this is an animated gifI want to learn how to make wiggle-sterescopic photos. I know there's a science to the angles of vision, but I am finding it hard to do solely through experimentation. I've found a few really impressive images online and it's become a bit of an obsession for me.

I've begun reading Savage Sword of Conan, Cerebus, and the new X-Men series. They are all pretty entertaining. I hope to start listening to the Game of Thrones audiobooks soon. I need to get my mind on track with something, and a routine would be much appreciated. Hoping also to teach myself how to ink with some cheap brushes I bought. The year is drawing to a close and hear I am trying to cram a bunch of stuff into a tiny alottment of time.


I think I need to look into changing careers. Like seriously.


No comments: