Sunday, March 25, 2012

Directive 5

I hit 175 posts! What a milestone!

Natasha Allegri is officially the best
!

http://www.miyukilee123.deviantart.com
http://www.natazilla.tumblr.com


New discoveries:

Susan Meyer
Meg Hunt
Bin Lee
Victo Ngai
Kali Kazoo
Potato Farm Girl (Brianne Drouchard)

Today I got out and watched John Carter. It was pretty fun. I had a few criticisms about it, but they mostly pertain to pacing and plot points that divert from the source material. I have no real problems with edit-heavy adaptations, as long as there is something to be gained from the rewrite (i.e. social relevance, better pacing, cultural revision) but I don't really see it in this. I might just let it simmer in my mind until I can really look at it with better appreciation. In the meantime check out the Gods of Mars comic coming out.

On Saturday night I joined Lexxy and friends for a stream of Robocop 1 & 2. I had a damn good time, even though 2 had little saving grace. Frank Miller is a twat.

Haven't been on much of an art jones lately. Sucks. Can't get my mind and body on the same page. Don't know what I need to do to just sit down and create. Time is often going slowly, but slipping between my fingers. Want to win the lottery and take a month off to just travel. Will hit up art hard for 6-9 months. Take break, and then comic full time. Dreams. Sigh.


Uploaded by on Oct 6, 2010

No comments: