Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lost Years

I've been drawing Avatar fanarts. Maybe I'll show you them later.


Uploaded by on Apr 27, 2011

Eric Canete has some very cool sketches on his blog.

I caught this preview of Warren Ellis & Michael Avon Oeming's Halfmoon.

I finally got around to reading Jane Mai's A Clockwork Rabbit.


This weekend I made some ribs and salsa and ate a lot. I have been an eating machine lately, but I can't seem to put on any weight. It's really confounding to me.Aang Sketches

I started watching Avatar: TLA because I finally watched Korra episode 2, and felt the inevitable void. In fact, all week I was consumed with the idea of drawing fan art of the lost years: Katara & Aang and young Tenzin, older Zuko, Toph, Sokka, Suki, etc. Luckily this weekend I came across the art of Jiasumen63 and Kamikazen.

I read Adrian Tomine's Shortcomings. It made me very melancholy and uneasy. I think I prefer his short stories to these long form ones.

I got a lot of little things done this weekend, but all my big problems are looming over me. This month I have to get an extension on a fix-it ticket that I can't feasibly fix right now. I also need to file an appeal for something. It is a big something that worries the daylights out of me. A lot of the time I feel frozen in my tracks, aware of things I need to get done, but afraid of making a move that could just set me back further. I guess this is a facet of depression? In the meantime I lose time I could be spending on making art or honing my craft. With the good weather lately I've wanted to take some pictures, or experiment with some videos. I miss being emerged in craft like I was back in school. If I could have the best of both worlds I would be actively producing like in school, with the freedom to set my own pace and socialize as I do now. Oh yeah, people on the internet have been nice to me lately. :) Silver-lining I guess.



Uploaded by on Dec 15, 2011

No comments: