Sunday, April 15, 2012

Whenever I feel down, I should always remember that Nedroid Comics always make me smile. If that fails, take solace in the skepticism of Ron Swarschach.

I'm probably late to this, but I'm really loving these Spera comics by Josh Tierney & company. This past week I was also introduced to the art of gtakos and liga-marta.


Published on Apr 14, 2012 by

Friday was the 13th which I learned from the Boy Howdy Podcast commemorates the day the Knights Templar were summarily hunted down and executed by King Philip IV. This weekend also commemorated the 100th anniversay of the sinking of the Titanic.

I finally watched The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. It was pretty clever. I probably enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth and Mirror Mask a little more, but I think the three would make an awesome movie weekend together.

The days are becoming lovelier, and so many great shows are coming up like Stumptown and TCAF, but I am feel so far away from enjoying any of them. I've got this tremendous weight on my shoulders, the manacles of servitude precipitated by a misspent youth, and I am loathe to face it's daily harangue. Would that I could be free. Would that I were to win the lottery and cast off the yoke. Dreams.

I sketched a not so safe for work jungle lady here. I also worked up some sketches of a new character. Her name is Migret and she came to me in February. Since then she keeps kicking in my creative womb and more of her is revealed to me. Somewhere along the way she seeps into old dreams & ideas I've left in a drawer somewhere.

No comments: