Monday, May 7, 2012

I Think of All This Time


Uploaded by on Jun 2, 2011

This is my 180th post. All week I was looking forward to being productive.  I had an inkling of an idea for a shirt design for the 6th comics on tees challenge, which happened to be based on Neil Gaiman's The Day the Saucer's Came.  And then with the realization that May 4th was rapidly approaching I had a silly idea for a May the 4th be with you t-shirt.  But I ended up getting sidetracked, things came crashing down around me, and then MCA died, and then there I was penned up at home drinking by myself on Cinco de Mayo.


I guess I should look at the bright side.  I got to watch Lexxy stream and had a light bulb moment.  I read a bunch of Worm World Saga, which is gorgeous.  I discovered Dororo.  I had to return my library books and wasn't able to get back The First Man, but I did get back BPRD: Plague of Frogs and I nabbed Marian Churchland's Beast, Uncanny X-Force : Deathlock Nation, Girl Comics, RASL: The Drift, Junko Mizuno's Princess Mermaid, The Living and The Dead by Jason, Hellboy: The Right Hand of Doom, Hellboy: The Troll With and Others, H.P. Lovecraft's Haunt of Horror by Richard Corben, Children of the Sea by Daisuke Igarashi, and Mitsuru Adachi's Cross Game!


But I might be overcompensating for missing TCAF. Also The Avengers movie came out.  Here's arts:


This lady I drew as practice for some new techniques I'm trying in Sai. She is a non-descript lady and looks very bored.


This is a portrait of Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys. RIP MCA. You will never be forgotten.






This is a sketch I did of my friend's dog, Roddy. He's is kinda hecka cute, so I drew him.
And this is a sketch I did of Bolin, because that just seems to be the thing to do right now on tumblr and in LoK fandom in general.  Case in point: Hino


Next I did some sketches of something. You can guess that something, and maybe I will reveal to you the full color image. That should properly motivate me to actually do the full color version

I think I lost a lot of time this weekend worrying, and then getting lost in a giant playlist I made of Futurama, Adventure Time, Touch, Kimagure Orange Road, Psych and other stuff.  It was definitely a weekend of feeling down and off.  April was  a really rough month on me, and May is kind of the wildcard one.  June is definitely my freedom month, and July.  Well July is just too far away.

Time just keeps slipping through my fingers, and I find myself glancing back trying to figure out how so much of it got behind me.  

I really hope I can start making money from this art thing, because these lottery tickets are just piling up and I don't know how much more of the day job I can take.  Art gods, do you hear me?

No comments: