Sunday, August 26, 2012

This weekend I started reading Alison Bechdel's Fun Home. I jaunted around Hark A Vagrant!, zipped through the first volume of Orbital, and read a bunch of Image Comics on Comixology. The Adventure Time t-shirt contest deadline is looming. I have a bit of catching up to do with Gravity Falls and Breaking Bad. I am a third of the way through The Return of King Doug, and I read two chapters of Otoyomegatari off the recommendation of Jordyn Bochon.  I want to do this butt comic for Em Partridge's buttzine.  I also want to draw a Mahou Shojo David Seibei.  I've been batting around some sketches of Aju Tengen for a while also.

Glen Brogan (Albino Raven) should be on everybody's radar for a pair of cool illos including some Scott Pilgrim Fanart, and a cool Breaking Bad piece.  Hearing about Nintendo Power closing up shop made people nostalgic for the old Howard & Nester Comics.  Got introduced to Red's Planet this week.  And then while I was away from the internet these surface:  The 80s League of Extraordinary Gentlepersons and the 90s LXGEmily Ivey is kinda greatWonderful illustrations by ashcap.  And the exquisite work of Thom Tenery whom I found via a great Ursula K. LeGuin inspired illo.  I owe Aaron Diaz (Dresden Codak) for heads up Enrique Fernández whose Brigada looks positively inspired!

This was the week of the Coach Colleps trial, the passing of Neil Armstrong and Phyllis Diller, the first roving of Curiosity, the lady who tried to repaint Ecce Homo,  the Empire State Building Shootings, and Paul Ryan, Todd Akins, and Brian Brown putting their collective foots in their mouths.

 
Worlds: The Kepler Planet Candidates from Alex Parker on Vimeo.

I had a day off in the middle of the week because I had to come in on Monday to fill-in for being sick Friday.  That was actually a nice break and made the week a lot more pleasant.  It was hot as balls.  Also I was terrible at buying groceries.  On Friday I made this for my friend Joey.

Joey B-day doodle

No comments: