Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Firework Ironman Internetship


Uploaded by on Oct 25, 2011

I spent a good chunk of the afternoon catching up with Ian Andersen's Citric Comics.  I realize that I am living a parallel life with Ian, and have reaffirmed that I want a dog friend to keep me company.  I only managed to clean out my car this past weekend as the junkyard is pretty busy with a labor day sale to come and tow it.  Natalie of bakeanddestroy started following me so I am giddy as a little girl!  I got to stream with Amb0rg also, and I am excited for Punked! to go into production.


Uploaded by on Oct 30, 2011

This was the week of Clint Eastwood acting crazy at the RNC, Rob Liefeld going Charlie Sheen on some comics editors, the first Arabic-American Green Lantern, and the Curiosity turning on it's camera.

I started out the week trying to draw an Alcatraz thing for my friend.  Then I got sucked into Marlo Meekin's pet project:  my earliest memory.  I had also caught a stream with amb0rg while she broke down some panels for her Punked! comic.  I spent some time trying to figure out how and when I started following lalage (Hwei Lin Lim), whose work has really been making the rounds lately. Also check out Nathan Fairbairn.

I haven't had a chance to settle down and read some comics lately, but I was talking about them with my friend Vince for a while.  I had to put Gravity Falls and Breaking Bad on a checklist this week just to get myself to settle down and watch them.  And I only finished Sword of the Stranger because I tricked my friends into watching it with me.  Sadly I never got around to Prophet, Glory, and Flex Mentallo as I had planned.  I did dream up a bunch of crazy ideas, such as a Happy Days X-men mish-mash, a what if story starring Pig Pen and Dusty from GI Joe,  and a parody of Breaking Bad involving a skit by Pablo Francisco.  This is what my imagination has been doing during the grueling hours of my 4 day work week.  Sigh.  Can I win the lottery already?  I want to take a sabbatical into comics, movies, anime, tv shows, and books.  Also how do I convert my unpaid internet internship into a paying job? 




No comments: