Sunday, September 9, 2012

This was the week of the DNC where Bill Clinton spoke honeyed words to the masses, the season opener of the 2012-2013 NFL season, the passing of Michael Clark Duncan, and an incident at PAX that sparked a lot of discussion about the treatment of women in public.  It was Dustin Harbin's birthday on Thursday, and Kate Beaton's birthday on Saturday.  She also won 3 Harvey Awards!  Congrats, Kate!  Also Vera Brosgol won a Harvey for Anya's Ghost!  Congrats, Vera!

I started following lowlighter after his gravity falls fanart put a second blip on my radar.  I drew a comic this week.  It's alright.



Brian Fukushima reminded his old fans and revealed to his more recent fans (me) that he did a podcast with @tartpop called Spy vs. Pie.  Hey check out this homemade Totoro costume!  I must have missed the memo on Looper opening this weekend.  I started following Sara Pocock.  Here's a Longshot comic by Corey Lewis and Dylan McCrae from 2007!  Here's another old gem from the livejournal days:  25 Lives by Tongari.


TIME OUT! with Super TIME Force Trailer! from Capy! on Vimeo.

This week I learned about Jiro Dreams of Sushi, August Moon by Diana Thung, Osamu Tezuka's Kaos, and Henry Darger.  Homestuck was all over comic headlines because of its record breaking kickstarter campaign.  I missed out on a late submission to amb0rg's Punked Zine, but I saw pennyloafing's preview this weekend and that almost makes up for it!


Published on Sep 4, 2012 by

No comments: