Sunday, December 2, 2012

ginger & lime

Dec 2, 2012 5:22pm

I've been drinking ginger & lime green tea and eating spicey/ginger porridge all weekend to stave off catching a bad cold.  It seems to be working.  It was my nephew's 6th birthday on Friday and I spent the night at my friend Ian's house and had tacos and beer.  I came home Saturday to shower and do my laundry, but I fell asleep and got up in the evening.  I've been pretty subsumed in brainstorming and writing my Marvel-Watchmen idea.  I have about 8 tabs open researching various characters as well as developments in Timely/Marvel comics.  It's a little daunting, so I'm taking occassional breaks.

This weekend Heems announced that Das Racist broke up.  I started following a bunch of really cool visual develpment artists as suggested by twitter.  Sometime this week I fell asleep to Bob's Burgers season 1.  I can't wait to sleep watch the other seasons!  Ian introduced me to Sword Art Online and his friend Vince told me about his Modern Day Mist-born fan-fic.



This was the week of the murder of Jordan Russell Davis, the controversy over Marissa Mayer's maternity leave comments, and Lindsay Lohan's arrest for assault.

I started the week off by snagging Manga Studio EX4 for cyber-monday or basically the exteneded black friday sale.  I have yet to set it up, but I'm excited.  I started following Stephen McCranie and his Mal & Chad stories.  I discovered and started reading part of Ever Blue by Michael Sexton.  I downloaded the Sleepwalker series after reminiscing about Brett Blevins art on New Mutants.


Uploaded by on Feb 25, 2010

Laura Knetzger's Bug Boys thanks to Maré Odomo. I guess I forgot to read the rest of Margot's Room by Emily CarrollBetsy Bauer is cool.  Chie Boyd is also cool.  Here's KatamaruSarah Marino is awesome!  I also really dig David Brother's blog.  I met snafflewyrm at Penny's stream in the middle of the week.  I really love this throwback illo from Marley Zarcone's deviantart.

No comments: