Monday, January 28, 2013

Fruit of the Vine

Monday: Was MLK Jr. Day & Inauguration Day.  Went to see apartments w/ Adam & Cynthia & Zion.  Drew & painted two things. Discovered Knights Errant. Started reading Guyver.


NamcoBandaiGames Published on Jun 2, 2012

Tuesday:  Breezy day at work.  Left an hour early & got a ride home.  Got B9 books in the mail. Started reading The Big Trip thanks to Eleanor Davis.  It was Rebecca Mock's birthday.  Found out about Ni No Kuni.  Discovered HannaK from Ramona contest.

Wednesday:  Browsed a bunch of comixology picks: Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine & the X-Men, Harbinger 2012, Avengers V5.  Read The Bullet by Noelle Stevenson .  Found out about Hong Kong AVPT and Silvio Cadelo.  Read Emmy's Agent Dootz Comic.

Thursday:  Full day at work.  Almost rained on me. Found out about Kentucky Route Zero.

Friday:  Rainy morning.  Got a ride home &some beer from Adam. Backwards read a bunch of MonsterPulse.  Discovered crumpetfighter.

Saturday:  Got up at noon.  Finished carne asada.   Read Ian Andersen's Spell Casting With Heart & Spirit.  Read Memories from the Invisible World in Dylan Dog Case Files.  Started Why I Hate Saturn. Read Marvel 1985 #3-6.  Learned about 1-3 waves of ska. Found out about Spera contest.  Read the first issue of Ghost.  Read first issue of Comeback.

It is Sunday January 27, 2013.  This was the week of Manti Teo's interview on Katie Couric and the Republican challenge of NLRB appointments made by President Obama.  The 1994 ban on women in combat was officially lifted this week.  It was the week Vinepeek filtered all across the twitterverse.


MyHarto Published on Dec 16, 2012

I added Waga Na wa Nero & Grey Digital Target to my queue.  I also caught up with the last few Oglaf strips and discovered some of Brandon B.'s hilarious Slipshine comics. I queued up a bunch of Kyle Baker comics including his infamous Plastic Man run, and picked up the first three issues of Comeback.  I fnished them this afternoon and realized that this was the depth and story I wanted out of Looper.  I might try to queue up the two Scott Smith novels/movie adaptions: A Simple Plan & The Ruins.  Thanks to Jordie on the heads up for that.

This afternoon at about 1pm I fell into an hour A.D.D. digression.  I was tweeting about some new comic concepts, then stopped to do some visual research for a character.  From there I traversed Alias, J.J. Abrams shows, 24, the 1980's, the 1970's, diverted myself to twitter, found out that Kelly Sue DeConnick is working on the new Ghost series, which brought me back to my earlier tweets.  By then my focus was so devastated that I defaulted to following links from twitter into whispy jetees of irrelevance.  I listened to some Coheed and Cambria for a bit while trying to refocus.  January is almost over, one more month go until Winter is over and Spring begins.  In another month I might be moving into a new apartment, my whole world rearranged, mostly for the better.  Next week I'll be trying to participate in Hourly Comics Day for the third year in a row, and then focusing on packing up my life.  So my focus is on making it through February with very few hangups and focusing on some big productivity in March.  Gotta dream big.

Nico Delort Babs Tarr Kayla Wasil Abby Boeh

No comments: