Sunday, January 13, 2013

Purple & Gold

It's January 13, 2013.  This was the week of the murder charges on the 5 suspects in the Jyoti Singh murder-rape case, President Obama's appointments of the Director of the CIA and the Secretary of Defense, the shooting at a Taft highschool, and AIG's teetering decision on joining a lawsuit against the U.S. Government concerning the bailout.  Peter David had a stroke and the comics community gathered around to help him recover.

Early in the week I was looking at Loish's artOne of her older paintings was ripped off by some Chilean book publisher.  I watched Jake the Dad, and perused my new library haul:  The Dylan Dog Case Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 vols. 1 & 2, Batwoman: Elegy, and Finder: Talisman.  The shorty awards nominations opened that day and I had some fun with it.  And then I got lost in another one of my quixotic quests to find the name of an old Pinwheel cartoon, before I gave in to weariness.  Oh, I also read the first chapters of Babel II and Giant Robo: The Day The Earth Burned.  I read some Johnny Wander and discovered Welcome Mats.

On Tuesday I watched Looper and it was only okay.  For time traveling movies starring Bruce Willis, my bet is on 12 Monkeys.  I made cous cous again that night and had some pretty alright mock Indian food that I would continue to mangle throughout the week.  I drew a dog for Draw A Dog Tuesday.

On Wednesday I learned a little about the color purple and human perceptionComic Book Resources released their favorite colorists of 2012.  I also found out about this guy who does magic mostly in fast food chain drive-thrus.


MagicofRahat Published on Jan 8, 2013

On Thursday Rachel posted a bunch of her sexy drawings and I tweeted about them.  The Bravest Warriors cover gallery was spotlighted on Comics Alliance.

On Friday I started watching Mesrine Public Enemy No. 1 and drank some beer.  Geneva wrote this great post about going to art school.  It was Lacey's birthday, and I finally changed my avatar and header.

The weekend was a blur as I was watching football, doing laundry, cleaning, and occcasionally faving cute drawings such as Caroline Ramsey's cute Unico doodles.  I backwards read a bunch of Cucumber Quest & downloaded all of Hellboy & BPRD and the two issues of Rachel Rising I hadn't read.  Other things that happened this week was pc weenies review of the Yiynova 19U, I watched WOTE's cover of Taylor Swift's Trouble, saw a Kid President video finally, teared up at the Rosie the dog & puppies Iphone rescue, researched the 2003 year in film, and pulled the trigger on an ebay listing for KC Green & Evan Dahm's B9 art books.  Tonight is the 70th Golden Globes.  I'll probably watch it or read tweets about it, and that will be my final pop culture education for 2012.

No comments: